In the 1860’s, two piano technician were apprenticing in piano factories in Germany. In 1865, Henry E. Steinway moved to lower Manhattan and founded Steinway & Sons. A year later, in 1866, Theodore August Heintzman moved to Toronto, Canada and started Heintzman piano. Over the years many awards have been presented to Heintzman for innovative improvements to the piano that have given Heintzman superb tone.
Heintzman uses the finest materials such as German Renner parts, German Delignit pinblock, MAPES strings (also used by well known brands such as Steinway & Sons, Yamaha and Baldwin), Canadian Bolduc soundboard, combined with traditional design and state of the art technology.